Thursday, March 10, 2011

...Nairobi Baby..


Nairobi, that’s my area code. City under the sun. the clean, paved streets, maintained by hawk eyed council askaris (officers) who would tow you by your trousers for dropping any minuscule piece of trash or for picking your nose in public and those not so gentlemen who are constantly adjusting their peripherals. Nairobi.

But most of you who reside here know it by a name that is ached in our minds for oh so many wrong reasons. “NAIROBBERY” . but hey, the majority of you guys haven’t fallen prey to the unforgiving thugs of Nairobbery. Not to stir fear amongst you, but for enlightenment sake. Watch your backs.

Recently I my ancient mobile phone did the unforgivable and died with all my contacts, so I had to take it to this mobile techi in town. It was taking seemingly long so I left the phone, to return later for it. At the door, I was greeted by the acrid stench of excrement and the unmistakable piles of it everywhere on the street. As the story goes, this fashionable gentleman entered on of the exhibition stalls and demanded money, at first the attendant was seemingly easy, thinking it a jest. But the guy suddenly brandished…..wait….for it….a pile of feces in a plastic bag..and the quantity suggested it was not from one donor. The attendant shouted for help and the ruffian took off swinging the now perforated bag wildly….flinging it’s content everywhere, a few unlucky by standers unfortunately got hit. The thug got away scot-free. The security of the city center stinks!! Literally.

But not to tarnish the name of Nairobi, our capital city, the jewel of Africa…or was it Yvonne Chaka Chaka back in the day…no matter…Nairobi still rocks. I took these lovely shots of Nairobi in the morning. Simply beautiful.



Thanks again for all ya’all who gave me critic on my website. I really appreciated it, and please join this blog….oohh top right..yes, there…just click on the “follow” button. Next blog, I shall give you a few photography tips I picked up on the way to where I am today. You guys rock. Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment