Thursday, February 24, 2011

..KIds say the Darndest things...


Mombasa…always nostalgic. Went there over the weekend, and I have arrived at the realization that it’s my place one earth where I find my nexus, my center….like listening to James Blunt songs after a break-up..or loads of pistachio ice cream..therapy.


Yes, Mombasa, over the weekend, why? My dear brother is getting married, so it was an informal “meet-the-parents” sort of thing. It was mildly hotter than I remembered, without the humidity, but I was still sweating buckets!! “Mombasa…where every day is a Sunday..” . One thing I really do love about such occasions is the opportunity to sample local cuisine, and indulge I did. I stuffed my face with spicy rice, and marinated chicken…mental note: get double portions of Ethiopian tomorrow.





 
The meeting went smoothly, and I got a glimpse of my soon to be in-laws. Awesome people they are. Next day, I was feeling mighty adventures, and I toured Mombasa town again..got lost in section where I never imagined existed, haggled for eternity with the rickshaw or “Tuk-Tuk” taxi guy, but gave inn…there is just something about a guy with one tooth..that's..eeehh well…creepy..met with old friends..and stuffed my face with Swahili delicacies..am sooo going back there soon.









Today, I rescued this little lady from some drunken oaf. I couldn’t stand to leave her with him…now the naming bit..Isabella….Killer has a ring to it don’t you think?? OK..then Isabella it is…and in our home, we do it old-school..we like an official pet naming ceremony..wonder when is the next full moon..just kidding folks :-]







And my two year old nephew has taken a liking to the little guy, pulling Isabella’s tail notwithstanding, they are pretty much inseparable. Now, recently..we got a statuette and we decided to mount it up on the fire place. My sister had visitors over, and my nephew is always one to impress…just like his uncle..and he’s just running around the visitors trying to get their attention..then suddenly he looks up at the statuette and says “KOKO!!!”…”KOKO!!” ..the second time even louder. My sister and her gusts were just red with embarrassment. Well, looking at it, it sort of resembles a male appendage, so for all things sane..we decided to doom it the bottomless drawer of no return. Kids!!!




I bet he didn’t have any pun intended, he was just being..a kid. He cracks me up. Almost Friday, and I can’t wait for Ethiopian. Have an awesomely wicked rest of the week . Errant photography out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment