Friday, February 18, 2011

Is it a bird..a plane..no..it’s just some wet guy..

Am sitting in my car..waiting for that warm fuzzy feeling…almost…almost….there it is. Despite the fact that I am drenched to my unmentionables, I feel pretty good about myself right now. I am certainly not bragging folks, not at all..but when was the last time you helped a damsel in distress, stuck in a trench, in her car, in a pouring thunder storm, mmmh?? Am not saying that her amazingly perfect teeth, with the smile to boot and her exceptional radiance had anything to do with it either…am not saying,,but rarely do we help our fellow man…or lady for that matter, when they are obviously in a jam. No good deed goes unpunished??? Read on..


So now am at the counter of the supermarket, an invisible “S” on my chest..and humming that “superman” theme song in my head. It’s my turn at the counter..i fish out my wallet, and subconsciously hand the guy at the till a Thousand shilling note. But he just stares at my hand, like am holding a diseased rat to his face..i turn down..and all am holding is a discolored brown piece of paper. Closer inspection..its a discolored brown thousand note. Oohhh!!!! Well, it so happened that while I was out in the rain playing savoir of man kind and knight in shining armor my wallet got drenched as well. In turn, the dye ran..and colored all the money I had brown!

“Boss, you don’t have any other money??” the till guy impatiently asks…and of course the piercing glares from the other people in the queue was adding fuel to the fire…luckily I had my card. Later that day I burnt that accursed wallet at the stake!!

Am rocking a new wallet now, dye free. So back to my previous question, when was the last time you helped somebody out of a jam?? Random acts of kindness, may not necessarily turn all the money in your wallet brown, but that warm fuzzy feeling, nothing beats that. Go ahead, try it out today. Selfishness is sooooo last year..kindness, definitely inn!!

So yes, the blog is intentionally late with one day reason...On Sunday at exactly 1800 hours, the ultraviolet media test site will be up and running, that is, www.ultravioletmedia.biz go ahead, check it out, give me critique and be brutal..or not :-] but just check it out folks, many good things coming this year at ultraviolet media. And if you have nay suggestion, halla at your “errant” photographer!! Badaye.

1 comment:

  1. Omera mambo yako biad hio site iko juu ka line za kplc...!!!

    ReplyDelete