Thursday, January 13, 2011

..TOO FAST..MAYBE NOT FURIOUS ..

“That’s a nasty cough she has…I think its pneumonia”..Peter said with a serious look on his face. Peter has been our doctor for a while now, and he knew her batter than anyone. Man, just fixed her arthritis the other day. Poor girl.
“Do what you have too, just make her better.” I told Peter.

A few hours later am roaring with her on Mombasa road, oohhh she feels sooo good. My Hummer, my number one lass. Am doing 130 kilometers an hour now and she’s rattling violently, well, maybe today I wont break the sound barrier, so I just ease off. I make my way to Nakumatt Junction and there is a frenzy of cars, and no parking, sucks!! You never really appreciate your old 1970 Toyota until when it can fit in the only open parking space that no other car could fit…so I squeeze it in between that over sized mascot elephant and this Chrysler, and I could feel the jealous glares from the other drivers, sun baked, roasting in their cars and sweating to their knickers.

Now am back at the road again, windows rolled down, cruising baby. Trust the Universe again to mess it all up, and it seems it has joined alliances with Mother Nature coz this fly gets into the hummer and am in mortal combat with it. Ooh this fly is good!! Its ducking all my death chops and krav maga moves. Its on now!! The hummer is swaying on the road now and I cant really seem to concentrate on the road and trying to deliver the death blow to this deranged fly. I land the blow, in almost perfect execution, an the fly is no more. It was a worthy opponent.

This time, I overtake this Vitz, and the driver would have none of that. She swerves in front of me again, almost telling the hummer she aint got what it takes. Clearly, this driver doesn’t know who she is messing with, I unleash the full power of the hummer, and speed past her again, and all I could see on my rear view mirror was her look of disbelief as the hummer blazes ahead. What a gal.

In life we are all met with that annoying fly in the car, that seems so insignificant but yet you employ all you take to crush it or that Vitz that pushes you to your limit and you have to prove yourself when you absolutely don’t have too. Humility people, is the words of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!Go hummer!!!Humility...really?:)Interesting way of learning it. As usual "tres entertaining.."

    ReplyDelete